Make the Most out of Open Houses
Open houses are an enigma in real estate. They present a prime opportunity for sellers to present their home to many potential buyers in a short period of time. Yet, many sellers are wary of them. Let me allay your fears.
Properly conducted, an open house can be a positive addition to your marketing plan. Here are several examples of prospective purchasers…
- A couple considering relocation back to the area is in town visiting family and decides to check out a few home sin the old neighbourhood.
- A young couple about to be married has been touring open houses for weeks trying to find their perfect first home.
- A young executive with little time to see homes through the week does his shopping on the weekends. Not wishing to engage the services of a Realtor just yet, he feels confident your area and house style will suit his busy lifestyle.
- The buyer who is ‘not ready yet’ and does not want to ‘waste’ their Realtor’s time. They will feel comfortable looking through open houses on their own time.
- A family considering a NEW City, and are unfamiliar with the area. They drive neighbourhoods to get a feel for where they want to buy. If they can pop in, your home may just be the right fit!
There are those Sellers who don’t want all their neighbours touring their house. Well! We’d welcome their critical eyes, after all, who better to sell your house then someone who’s already sold on its location. Everyone has a friend or family member looking, and they might just choose their own new neighbhour.